So far, it’s you: 1
Keep the score in your favor all winter long with 5 December home maintenance tips:
- Inspect attic insulation. If it’s level with or below your joists, you may need to add more.
- Clean your chimney and fireplace. If you have gas logs, compressed air clears away dust and soot.
- Check for drafts around exterior doors and replace weatherstripping or use a physical barrier if needed.
- Put a few indoor and outdoor lights on timers. Added security and one less thing you have to remember.
- Consider a security or doorbell camera. The holidays are rife with porch pirates. Plus, you can usually score a good deal this time of year.
What’s on your home to-do list this December? Drop how you like to winterize your home in the comments below.